Breathtaking Ipe Deck and Porch on Rob Roy at the Lake in West Austin, TX
Rob Roy on the Lake is located north of Bee Cave Road in beautiful West Austin. The neighborhood is known for its stunning homes and spacious picturesque landscapes making it ideal for someone who likes to spend time outdoors. Archadeck of Austin has built many outdoor living structures within this neighborhood, our most recent is this beautiful deck and porch combination:
The homeowners had an existing cedar deck but were looking to not only expand their view into the valley below, but also wanted a space that offered shade to escape their super sunny location. Archadeck of Austin came up with a deck and porch combination design that entailed expanding across the roofline on the back of the home with a hip design roof tie-in to accommodate their project. Take a look at this before & after image:
The project features warm, inviting natural Ipe hardwood decking on the floor of both the deck and covered porch. Ipe is a favorite among Central Texas homeowners as a material for outdoor living. The material is valued for its density, strength, longevity and beauty. Ipe is dense enough that it sinks in water. Its density requires that it be pre-drilled in order to be fastened. When fastening an Ipe deck we use stainless steel screws called head coat screws, which are brown to blend seamlessly with the decking itself. The ends of the Ipe boards need to be treated when they are cut during installation to avoid cracking. If you are dealing with a contractor that is not familiar with working with Ipe then you usually end up with split ends, yes in much the same manner your hair can get split ends, from not treating the ends of the boards. Ipe density is also such that it doesn’t absorb much water resulting in a lack of the normal expansion and contraction evident with other wooden decks.
As you move beyond the flooring used on this combination project, there are many stunning details throughout the space. We used black Fortress vertical cable rail that allows clear views into the valley below. Additionally, the beauty continues as you enter the interior of the covered porch area. The ceiling was built using a Synergy tongue & groove prefinished wood in Auburn Pine. The large king beam that runs the expanse of the porch cover is a focal point but it also serves a valuable purpose of helping to support the weight of the roof cover.
As is the case with all our outdoor living structure projects, none of the creature comforts were overlooked when completing the space. We installed recessed lighting in the ceiling of the porch cover and mounted the elegant sconce lighting the homeowners had purchased for the project. We also installed a pair of Minka 72″ ceiling fans the homeowner’s had chosen, adding an extra layer of cool comfort and air flow to their enjoyment.
Needless to say, the clients are elated with their new outdoor living space. It embodies all the qualities they love about the area, and now they can enjoy it to its full potential! If you would like to learn more about how Archadeck of Austin can transform the way you live outdoors, contact us today at (512) 259-8282 or via email at email@example.com to schedule a free design consultation.
The ultimate outdoor living destination could be no further than your backyard!
When you imagine the ultimate outdoor living destination what comes to mind?
Is it a tropical beach that seems miles away from reality? Or maybe a lavish all-inclusive spa resort designed to pamper you in luxury? These are all viable candidates for an ultimate outdoor living destination, but did you ever think that maybe you could have all that and more right outside your back door?
With an outdoor living combination space from Archadeck of Austin, you can!
One of our recent projects in Austin, TX, encompasses almost every element of beauty, relaxation and convenience possible through an outdoor living environment. The design includes a spacious low maintenance elevated deck, covered porch and versatile poolside pergola. These Austin homeowners sure don’t have to travel far to enjoy all the benefits either!
This particular project began with the removal of an existing cedar deck and hot tub area that provided little to no privacy and shade for the homeowners. Their desire was to have a space that spoke to their desire for more space, more shade and more opportunity for enjoyment. The multi-faceted space we designed has not just met, but exceeded their expectations in this regard. Here’s a detailed look at each layer of this project:
The elevated deck and covered porch was built using AZEK low maintenance decking in Cypress and includes integrated low voltage deck lighting. By choosing to go with a composite deck, the homeowners can enjoy very little maintenance as AZEK only requires soap and water cleanup on occasion and a quick rinse from the garden hose. This decking is engineered to last beautifully and unlike wood, AZEK decking resists scratches, stains, insects, moisture, mold, and mildew, and protection from cupping, cracking, and more with a 30-year limited fade and stain and lifetime limited warranties.
The covered porch also features an open end gable with all the porch beams wrapped in cedar. The interior of the covered porch features a stunning Synergy prefinished wood ceiling with recessed can lighting so the space can be enjoyed day or night. The homeowners supplied the amazing and super-efficient Haiku ceiling fan which came from BigAssFans.com.
As we move beyond the deck and porch combination space, Archadeck of Austin also designed and built the freestanding poolside cabana/pergola. Also finished with rustic cedar to mimic the look and feel of the other components of the project. having the benefit of a roofed structure poolside serves as a respite from the sun and a ceiling fan encourages air circulation increasing the cooling power of this spot.
You can see more images of this amazing outdoor living space by visiting our Houzz galleries.
If you would like to learn more about creating the ultimate outdoor living destination in your backyard, contact Archadeck of Austin today at (515) 259-8282 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top 6 Reasons a Professional Austin Outdoor Living Space Builder is Worth the Wait!
Choosing a reliable, professional outdoor living structure company can be difficult, and how can you really make sure they are the right company for you? Custom design, over 16 years in the Austin market and attention to quality and detail are all important factors to consider.
Rome wasn’t built in a day, neither should your anticipated outdoor living addition. Keep in mind, that quality and true craftsmanship require time and expertise. With this in mind, here are the top 6 reasons choosing Archadeck of Austin for your outdoor living space endeavor is definitely worth the wait…
- Better Building by Design – The design of an outdoor structure isn’t just about a layout and the build. The design of an outdoor structure is a reflection of your personality. It is an extension of the way you live your outdoor lifestyle and see yourself living in that space. Choosing a builder that will custom design your project and match your needs to every last detail will have you feeling thankful you waited.
- Enjoy for years to come – Getting your outdoor space completed in time to enjoy the season is a common concern. But what about the following seasons and countless years to come? From graduations, bridal or baby showers to becoming the family gathering hub, this outdoor living space is going to be appreciated year after year. So give it the time it deserves to be built and know that it is all worth the wait to get the perfect family space to enjoy for many years to come.
- Outstanding Project Management – A project build has a lot of moving parts. With a experienced project manager your build will progress smoothly and on schedule. A lot of the time, other teams have to be brought in to get part of the job completed. This can include plumbers, painters, electricians, roofing contractors and many more. The right project management team will ensure your outdoor structure(s) are completed within the time frame of your build in mind.
- High Quality Builders – Research to find a professional Austin deck, porch or patio builder is apart of the process. What do the most trusted sites have to say about the company? Do their reviews hold up to the standard you’re looking for in a builder? They absolutely should. Archadeck of Austin is proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and Archadeck of Austin was awarded a Best of Houzz service award in 2016.
- Understanding Restrictions and Keeping You Safe – A set back in design or build can always have a solution if you’re working with the right professional builder. Archadeck’s national design team assists in the engineering of your project. Keeping your safety as a main focus, assistance to determine how much weight a column or beam can hold based off the soil in your yard is just one example of how the national design team lends a hand.
- Whichever way you look; we’ve got your back – No matter the project, you –the customer will be in trusted hands with Archadeck of Austin. Your project will be backed by three national warranties. The first is the Workmanship Warranty which covers defects within the material used such as splitting, severe warping, leaking roofs or shifting patio pavers. The second warranty will cover defects within the structural components and is what we refer to as the Structural Warranty. Footings, patio base material, columns, beams and joint are a few structural components included on the warranty. Last but not least, any manufactured items will be covered under the terms of the Manufactured Warranty including pressure treated lumber, windows, pavers or any outdoor kitchen components.
Remember these top 6 reasons it is worth the wait when choosing an Austin outdoor living space builder. Contact Archadeck of Austin at (515) 259-8282 to schedule a free design consultation today or via email at email@example.com.
Custom features abound in this Austin, TX, elevated outdoor living space!
Have you wondered what it would be like to have an outdoor living space that was designed to cater to your every outdoor living need? For instance, having the perfect spot for outdoor dining, a respite where the views exceed your expectations on a daily basis or an oasis that is as functional as it is beautiful, day or night? This is exactly what these Austin, TX, homeowner’s got when they hired Archadeck of Austin to design and build their elevated deck and porch.
This spacious outdoor living space consists of an elevated, 2nd story low-maintenance deck and covered porch area with all the trimmings! The deck was built using Fiberon Horizons decking in Tudor Brown. Horizon decking is capped (or covered) on all four sides with a patent-pending PermaTech® surface material. Four-side capping increases durability, enhances stain and fade resistance, and ensures a more polished appearance all around. Plus, Horizon decking features two different wood grain patterns on the top and bottom to add more character to your deck design with less on-the-job waste. In addition, Fiberon decking requires no sanding, staining or sealing , ever. This means less worry over maintenance and more time to enjoy the finer things in life!
The beautiful deck is accented with custom-designed and constructed horizontal tubular railing that has been powder-coated black. Atop the railing, and expanding the entire perimeter of the space, Archadeck of Austin installed a double composite cap offset within with a super strong fabricated steel plate to prevent climbing on the railing. In addition to the safety factor, the double cap also serves as a luxurious bar area to use as a drink ledge measuring out to 11″, and is even large enough, standing at 42″, to pull up a bar stool and double as a impromptu spot for dining, conversation or enjoying a beverage while taking in breathtaking views of Austin proper.
We took the abundance of custom features a step further by designing and building integrated bistro-style seating out of the same composite used on the deck around the cedar posts of the covered porch portion of the space. We even designed a built-in bench for additional seating when entertaining friends and family. Last cut certainly not least, this outdoor living space picks up where other designs leave as an afterthought — evening enjoyment! The entire space is loaded with romantic LED outdoor lighting to aid in utilizing the space to its fullest potential in the evening, and creating ambiance.
These Austin homeowners are elated with their new space. They view it as an all-inclusive escape that is close as just a few steps out the door! With everlasting views of the beautiful Cat Mountain, the backdrop to outdoor living enjoyment knows no end — literally.
If you are interested in learning more about creating a slice of Heaven in your backyard too, contact Archadeck of Austin to schedule a consultation today at (512) 259 – 8282 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can see more images of this project and many more of our stunning outdoor living designs by visiting our extensive galleries on Houzz.