Rob Roy on the Lake is located north of Bee Cave Road in beautiful West Austin. The neighborhood is known for its stunning homes and spacious picturesque landscapes making it ideal for someone who likes to spend time outdoors. Archadeck of Austin has built many outdoor living structures within this neighborhood, our most recent is this beautiful deck and porch combination:
The homeowners had an existing cedar deck but were looking to not only expand their view into the valley below, but also wanted a space that offered shade to escape their super sunny location. Archadeck of Austin came up with a deck and porch combination design that entailed expanding across the roofline on the back of the home with a hip design roof tie-in to accommodate their project. Take a look at this before & after image:
The project features warm, inviting natural Ipe hardwood decking on the floor of both the deck and covered porch. Ipe is a favorite among Central Texas homeowners as a material for outdoor living. The material is valued for its density, strength, longevity and beauty. Ipe is dense enough that it sinks in water. Its density requires that it be pre-drilled in order to be fastened. When fastening an Ipe deck we use stainless steel screws called head coat screws, which are brown to blend seamlessly with the decking itself. The ends of the Ipe boards need to be treated when they are cut during installation to avoid cracking. If you are dealing with a contractor that is not familiar with working with Ipe then you usually end up with split ends, yes in much the same manner your hair can get split ends, from not treating the ends of the boards. Ipe density is also such that it doesn’t absorb much water resulting in a lack of the normal expansion and contraction evident with other wooden decks.
As you move beyond the flooring used on this combination project, there are many stunning details throughout the space. We used black Fortress vertical cable rail that allows clear views into the valley below. Additionally, the beauty continues as you enter the interior of the covered porch area. The ceiling was built using a Synergy tongue & groove prefinished wood in Auburn Pine. The large king beam that runs the expanse of the porch cover is a focal point but it also serves a valuable purpose of helping to support the weight of the roof cover.
As is the case with all our outdoor living structure projects, none of the creature comforts were overlooked when completing the space. We installed recessed lighting in the ceiling of the porch cover and mounted the elegant sconce lighting the homeowners had purchased for the project. We also installed a pair of Minka 72″ ceiling fans the homeowner’s had chosen, adding an extra layer of cool comfort and air flow to their enjoyment.
Needless to say, the clients are elated with their new outdoor living space. It embodies all the qualities they love about the area, and now they can enjoy it to its full potential! If you would like to learn more about how Archadeck of Austin can transform the way you live outdoors, contact us today at (515) 259-8282 or via email at email@example.com to schedule a free design consultation.
It’s no secret that the Austin area has experienced a wetter than usual 2016 thus far. Though Texas has always been a land of weather extremes—in 1927, an unnamed National Weather Service meteorologist famously said “Texas is a land of perennial drought, broken by the occasional devastating flood”—This summer’s most recent flooding comes just five years after the driest year on record in Texas, in which statewide rainfall was just 14.88 inches.
Our year to date rainfall for Austin sits at 34.2 inches according to the Current Results weather an science facts website. With this in mind, outdoor living and recreation for many, has been hampered by the wet weather. Archadeck of Austin wants you to know that doesn’t have to be the case. As the Austin area’s premier outdoor living structure designer and builder we can create a space that is rainproof!
Rainproof you ask? Yes, we can custom design and build a protected outdoor living space that will keep you dry in spite of what Mother Nature has in mind. We specialize in covered porches & patios, screened porches and custom outdoor rooms built to keep you enjoying the outdoor lifestyle, fresh air and views without the worry of inclement weather, insects or allergens. Take a look at a few of our outdoor room designs to give you an idea of what we can do for you:
Add value to your home and enhance your outdoor experience with a covered porch or patio from Archadeck of Austin. Our custom porch and patio covers are designed to protect you overhead without reducing your connection with the outdoors. From simple covered porches to complete outdoor entertainment areas, our porch and patio covers will transform your home from the outside in.
A screened porch provides a safe, private space for your family to enjoy the outdoors all year long. Whether you need screening for insect control, weather resistance, or something in between, we can customize the perfect screened porch to suit your needs.
Give your family a sunny disposition no matter what the weather and reduce your heating/cooling bills with a new custom sunroom. Dollar-for-dollar, a sunroom can be the best investment you make in your home. Sunrooms make a spectacular visual splash and a perfect gathering spot, yet they can be one of the most affordable rooms to construct. It’s an easy, budget-friendly way to add both natural light and value to your home. When it comes to designing a custom sunroom, our trained designers will visit your home, discuss your needs and wants and design a sunroom that’s perfect for you.
If you are ready to enjoy the unbridled benefits of outdoor living while keeping dry. Contact Archadeck of Austin today at (515) 259-8282 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free design consultation.
Choosing a reliable, professional outdoor living structure company can be difficult, and how can you really make sure they are the right company for you? Custom design, over 16 years in the Austin market and attention to quality and detail are all important factors to consider.
Rome wasn’t built in a day, neither should your anticipated outdoor living addition. Keep in mind, that quality and true craftsmanship require time and expertise. With this in mind, here are the top 6 reasons choosing Archadeck of Austin for your outdoor living space endeavor is definitely worth the wait…
- Better Building by Design – The design of an outdoor structure isn’t just about a layout and the build. The design of an outdoor structure is a reflection of your personality. It is an extension of the way you live your outdoor lifestyle and see yourself living in that space. Choosing a builder that will custom design your project and match your needs to every last detail will have you feeling thankful you waited.
- Enjoy for years to come – Getting your outdoor space completed in time to enjoy the season is a common concern. But what about the following seasons and countless years to come? From graduations, bridal or baby showers to becoming the family gathering hub, this outdoor living space is going to be appreciated year after year. So give it the time it deserves to be built and know that it is all worth the wait to get the perfect family space to enjoy for many years to come.
- Outstanding Project Management – A project build has a lot of moving parts. With a experienced project manager your build will progress smoothly and on schedule. A lot of the time, other teams have to be brought in to get part of the job completed. This can include plumbers, painters, electricians, roofing contractors and many more. The right project management team will ensure your outdoor structure(s) are completed within the time frame of your build in mind.
- High Quality Builders – Research to find a professional Austin deck, porch or patio builder is apart of the process. What do the most trusted sites have to say about the company? Do their reviews hold up to the standard you’re looking for in a builder? They absolutely should. Archadeck of Austin is proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and Archadeck of Austin was awarded a Best of Houzz service award in 2016.
- Understanding Restrictions and Keeping You Safe – A set back in design or build can always have a solution if you’re working with the right professional builder. Archadeck’s national design team assists in the engineering of your project. Keeping your safety as a main focus, assistance to determine how much weight a column or beam can hold based off the soil in your yard is just one example of how the national design team lends a hand.
- Whichever way you look; we’ve got your back – No matter the project, you –the customer will be in trusted hands with Archadeck of Austin. Your project will be backed by three national warranties. The first is the Workmanship Warranty which covers defects within the material used such as splitting, severe warping, leaking roofs or shifting patio pavers. The second warranty will cover defects within the structural components and is what we refer to as the Structural Warranty. Footings, patio base material, columns, beams and joint are a few structural components included on the warranty. Last but not least, any manufactured items will be covered under the terms of the Manufactured Warranty including pressure treated lumber, windows, pavers or any outdoor kitchen components.
Remember these top 6 reasons it is worth the wait when choosing an Austin outdoor living space builder. Contact Archadeck of Austin at (515) 259-8282 to schedule a free design consultation today or via email at email@example.com.